Saudi Confirms Another Death from MERS Coronavirus

Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Health confirmed on Wednesday that a foreign man has died by the new MERS coronavirus. The man was hospitalized few days ago in the central region of Qassim due to a severe reparatory infection and died on Tuesday, the Ministry said in a brief statement published on its website. Al-Riyadh daily cited a statement by the Health Affairs Directorate in Qassim saying the man was 63 years old and suffered chronic diseases like hypertension and diabetes. A spokesman told the newspaper that a team of experts will visit Qassim to ensure that healthcare providers have not contracted the virus which has killed 17 people in Saudi Arabia so far.

Advertisements